In Scratch, sprites can make sounds! In this tutorial, we will make a cat make a meowing sound when it touches the dog. Here’s how!
- Create the dog, KEEP the cat, change backdrop and add green flag,
- Make the cat touch the dog in the script (you can learn how from other tutorials on the site, Pong game might help),
- Go into the ‘sounds’ tab in the ‘scripts’, ‘costumes’ and ‘sounds’ near the top of the interface,
- If ‘pop’ is there instead of ‘meow’, delete ‘pop’ and add ‘meow’ from the buttons,
- Go back into the ‘scripts’ tab,
- Go to the ‘sounds’ section,
- Add ‘play sound meow’ to the script,